If you’re thinking of selling a property in Macau in the New Year or have colleagues or friends who may need advice with this, read on ….
‘Best Property Agency Consultancy, Macau’ 2023-2024.
Earlier this year I attended the International Property Awards for Asia Pacific in Bangkok to collect an award for Ambiente Properties; the five stars ‘Best Property Agency Consultancy, Macau’. Around a thousand companies – winners, sponsors and supporters – participate in this annual event, gathering to celebrate the achievements of property professionals from the areas of architecture, interior design, real estate and property development operating in the Asia-Pacific market.
Lead Consulting approach
So what does this mean for those Ambiente’s clients who are currently looking to sell their properties in Macau? “We pride ourselves in giving a personalized service, really getting to know our clients, understanding their needs and going the extra mile especially for those living overseas and last year we formalized this into our Lead Consulting approach” I explain.
“This means that as Lead Consultant we are the sole point of contact between the seller and multiple partner agents across Macau; we have gained the experience and are well-positioned in managing and coordinating partner agents through giving them support, guidance and extra incentives that encourages them to bring potential buyers to the property being sold,” adds Ambiente’s business development manager Terence. “We often need to ‘hand hold’ partner agents (most being young and inexperienced) in advising their buyers, delving into the pros and cons of each property, helping calculate interest rates and mortgage payments, potential capital gains versus placing funds on deposit.”
In summary, the purpose of Lead Consultancy is to:
- avoid misunderstanding or misleading market information being spread through the market. All information is to come from a single point of contact.
- manage the market sentiment and ensure that targeted buyers and partner agents are all in line with selling points and asking price. As Lead Consultant Ambiente shares all our marketing information with partner agents – professionally made videos, quality photographs, and we assist partner agents in communicating information on the property to their clients.
- protect trusted partner agents’ efforts in advertising, and viewings, to prevent potential buyers going behind their backs to other agents.
- screen unnecessary and ‘fishing’ enquiries.
- update all interested parties to perpetuate the market buzz and ‘heat’. When offers are received Ambiente updates all other interested parties and partner agents (without disclosing the offer details) and to see if we can achieve more favourable offers.
- appoint a single spokesperson to monitor and present your property at its best. Macau is a small community where news spreads fast. We share our resources, not simply limited to partner agents but to architects, lawyers and banks in order to make sure the whole sale process go smoothly.
One of Ambiente’s key markets is that of overseas sellers. Clients from Hawaii, Canada, Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, UK … we may not have the hance to meet in person but we become their trusted partner throughout the process of the sale to get the best terms for them. We handle all arrangements needed for our absent Sellers: we update them on the latest market intelligence and trends, the bank valuations on their properties, new policies coming into effect, the setting up of Powers of Attorney and escrow accounts, we often act for them as witnesses.
“We are matchmakers” I add, “we aim to match the property seller with the right buyer for their property. We try to find a buyer who will have the same appreciation for the property as did the current owner when they bought: For further details on Ambiente’s Lead Consultancy and how we can best help you as a Macau property seller, please contact one of the team.